- Delivering Truth Around the World
Custom Search

Taxpayers Shell Out Record $6.75m After Cops Deprived Man of Water for 7 Days Until He Died

Smaller Font Larger Font RSS 2.0


What were these idiot jail employees thinking?!?

What was the psychological "win" here, and why did they feel it was "necessary" against this particular inmate?!?

That the brutal "insanity factor" of what they were doing, did not ring alarm bells with senior employees, reflects very poorly on a system which, in its essence, encourages recidivism, and insures that a big, fat budget for a system which cannot, and will not, work for rehabilitation, continues.

As most of you who read this blog understand, I have a "hug and a punch" relationship with the film maker Michael Moore. (and Michael, just to relieve you from any possible anxiety, my "punch" is a gentle arm on your shoulder- i do not hurt people, period, end of discussion).

But his film "Where To Invade Next?!?" was brilliant. And in one of the segments, he goes to a Swedish prison on an island. The architect who created the facility, made it seem more like a dorm, than a prison. The constant goal is rehabilitation, not punishment.

The deep, open intellectual and moral wound, in American prisons, is that we have made the choice to punish, but not to rehabilitate.

And the recidivism rate from US and Federal prisons, just... sucks, of course assuring that there are big, fat, budgets which do absolutely nothing toward rehabilitation, in the American prison system.

2018 Update on Prisoner Recidivism:

A 9-Year Follow-up Period (2005-2014)Five in 6 (83%) state prisoners released in 2005 FIGURE 1 across 30 states were arrested at least once during Annual arrest percentage of prisoners released in the 9 years following their release. Te remaining 30 states in 2005 17% were not arrested afer release during the 9-year Percent of released prisoners follow-up period. 50 About 4 in 9 (44%) prisoners released in 2005 were arrested at least once during their first year after release 40 figure 1). About 1 in 3 (34%) were arrested during their third year after release, and nearly 1 in 4 (24%) 30 were arrested during their ninth year.

These numbers should be a massive embarrassment to the Federal and State Governments, but apparently, are not.

Mike Rivero

Sent by